Turkish chef Yiğit Mirzaoğlu worked with the arena-famend chef Wolfgang Puck at the 91st Academy Awards to serve an exceptional menu such as Ottoman and Turkish-inspired dishes.
For the beyond 25 years, Puck has been the call at the back of the exclusive menu served at the Governors Ball, a put up-Oscars birthday celebration attended by around 1,500 Hollywood elite.
The sixty-nine-year-old chefs worked with 300 different chefs to serve as a minimum of 30 kinds of different dishes, along with Ottoman delicacies.
Working with Puck for the past three years, Mirzaoğlu created an Ottoman-inspired menu with Gaziantep delicacies’s popular Ali Nazik dish with smoked and pureed eggplants with sautéed lamb pieces, Aegean-style marinated sea bass and glasswort, and Ottoman-fashion pomegranate sherbet and kadayıf —that’s a shredded pastry with thick syrup served with pistachios or walnuts- served with mastic flavored pudding as dessert.
Puck instructed a Turkish news outlet that he is planning to visit Turkey’s Gaziantep province within the close to destiny to learn how to make baklava, which he said can be protected at the menu for the 92nd Academy Awards next 12 months.
– Gözleme – A savory pastry made by thinly rolling dough and repeatedly folding. It is then stuffed and browned in a pan. There are many one-of-a-kind versions, each with their very own names, which includes Etli (meat filling), Ispanakli (spinach), Karisik (mixed filling), Katmer (undeniable), Kiymali (floor lamb), Mantarli (mushrooms), Patatesli (mashed potatoes) and Peynirli (filled with feta cheese).
– Börek – Dough filled with cheese, meat or vegetables.
– Manti – A Turkish pasta crafted from dough balls full of ground (minced) meat. It is served with yogurt, flavored with herbs and spices, and warmed in olive oil or butter.
– Keskek – A stew crafted from meat with wheat or barley.
– Kuskus – The Turkish model of Couscous.
– Dolma – Stuffed veggies. There are two essential versions: meat (“kiyma”) mixture containing floor (minced) meat, onions, rice and spices, that is served heat, and veggies combinations, which can be served at room temperature.
– Imam bayildi – Eggplant (aubergine) stuffed with onions, tomatoes, and garlic, then simmered in olive oil, served cold.
– Karniyarik – Very just like Imam bayildi, but additionally containing ground (minced) meat, and served hot.
– Patlican salatasi – Literally translated from Turkish, the call manner “eggplant salad”. There are quite a few versions of this dish, the eggplant (aubergine) may be baked or broiled (grilled) over an open flame earlier than peeling so it has a smokey flavor, after which combined with yogurt, olive oil, and garlic, or with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and served at room temperature.
– Patlican begendi – A warm eggplant (aubergine) dish, also containing meat, cheese, milk, and flour.
– Menemen – Eggs with inexperienced peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
– Adana kebap – A lengthy grilled kebab crafted from minced lamb, at the beginning from the metropolis of Adana, wherein it’s miles known as “kiyma kebabs”.
– Döner kebap – Literally translated from Turkish, döner kebap method “turning roast”. It is meat (lamb or mutton, beef, or bird) cooked on a rotating spit. The meat is commonly served in a pide (Turkish pita bread). Versions with salad and sauce brought have been invented by means of the Turkish community resident in Germany, in an (extraordinarily a hit) try to broaden the dish’s appeal – döner kebap has grown to be a famous fast meal in the course of the world.