Autumn has arrived, with delicious hot drinks that leave you feeling warm and cozy. Rather than picking out the overdone autumn latte or chai tea, why not try your best in seasonal specials and indulge in a pumpkin spice hot chocolate instead? We’ve shared the recipe and method below so you can make it from the comfort of your home – enjoy!
Why is Pumpkin Spice So Popular?
Pumpkin spice has long been an indicator that autumn has arrived and is loved across the globe for its warming and soothing properties. It is mostly loved because it smells so great and evokes an emotional response when we smell it. It also tastes delicious and elevates some of the simplest drinks and meals to the next level.
Choosing the Best Hot Chocolate
Luxury hot chocolate is an absolute must when picking out the right ingredients for your drink! High-quality chocolate flakes are an essential choice, as they will produce a rich and creamy chocolate texture that will leave you wanting more.
Many people think that all hot chocolate is the same, but once you’ve had the best cup, you won’t reach for the powdered variety again!
Making the Best Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate – Our Recipe
Are you ready to enjoy the very best-tasting pumpkin spice hot chocolate? Well, then, it’s time to gather the following ingredients:
- Milk (choose full fat or oat milk for the creamiest taste)
- Luxury hot chocolate flakes
- Vanilla essence
- Pumpkin spice(use Cinnamon (ground), Nutmeg (whole), Ginger (earth), Cloves (earth), Allspice)
The ingredients will depend on how many servings you want – we’d advise you to cook up a whole batch and then reheat any leftovers later to enjoy at your leisure!
Making the Best Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate – Our Method
- Take your milk and luxury hot chocolate flakes and combine them in a saucepan, gently heating them to create your base hot chocolate – but do not let it boil.
- Once your hot chocolate is warm and well mixed, add in your vanilla essence and the pumpkin spice, allowing the heat to continue building until hot.
- Serve in tall mugs or pop in a container to cool if you aren’t drinking it all in one go.
We love this recipe as it tastes phenomenal and is easy to make. The only problem is that you will want more and more of it, so make sure you have stocked up on all the supplies!
Some Recipe Variations to Try
As with all recipes, there are always potential hacks and tweaks that you can use to level up your hot chocolate game. We’ve shared some of the most popular options for you to try:
- Add yummy toppings like whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, or even toasted marshmallows to create a decadent treat. You can even pop some different syrup drizzles over the top or sprinkle biscuit crumbles to make it extra special.
- If you love the taste of hot chocolate but need your daily caffeine boost, make it a mocha by adding espresso powder into the mix! It will give you a buzz you need without missing out on the treat.
- Want pumpkin spice hot chocolate without the prep? Buy yourself some luxury hot chocolate and mix it with milk and pumpkin spice syrup for a quick result when you don’t have time to spare.
Top Tips for the Best Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- First, use full-fat or oat milk to ensure that you don’t compromise the creaminess of your hot chocolate drink.
- Next, please don’t be shy to spend extra time researching and selecting the best pumpkin spice for your drink ( after all, it is a key ingredient )
- Always use a high-quality hot chocolate mix that is flaked rather than powdered; this will help to get the right level of chocolatey goodness without tasting synthetic. It may be more expensive, but it will help you get the best results.
- Avoid using white chocolate in this recipe as it is too sweet. Stick to milk or dark chocolate and you can be sure that the result will impress anyone who tries a cup!
Try Our Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Today
Whether you are new to pumpkin spice or someone that enjoys it every autumn and winter, it is time to try this recipe and get rid of all other imitations! Gather all your ingredients and your loved ones, put your favorite film on, light some candles, and snuggle up to enjoy – you’ll be amazed at how much you love it!